Seeking a minute taker
BALH is looking for a minute taker for its trustees’ meetings and for its Annual General Meeting.
Please see details below.
- Receive and collate papers and agenda from Chair (2 weeks prior to meetings). This will be done electronically. Papers and agenda will be sent in one electronic mailing;
- Send out to Trustees electronically (and other named persons – usually 10-12 in total))
- Attend Trustees ‘meetings to take minutes – meetings are in London and usually last c. 11.00-15.30. Meetings are currently held in February, April, August and November
- Send minutes for Chair to approve within 4 working days of meetings
- Receive amended minutes and send any accompanying papers to recipients.
- Attend and take minutes for Annual General Meeting (June). The AGM is held in different places including London ,but in 2018 it is being held in York.
- Send minutes to Chair within 4 working days of Annual General Meeting.
Skills and Competencies
- Organising and planning skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management – meeting deadlines
- Team working
- Feedback skills
- IT skills
- Minute taking
- Record keeping
- Report writing
- Administrative tasks
- Voluntary sector (desirable but not essential)
- Local history (desirable but not essential)
Most liaison will be directly with the Chair (or Vice Chair in his/her absence).
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit a quotation for these tasks for one year (2018), together with brief cv and two references, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 1 December 2017