Become A Member Of The British Association For Local History
- Are you interested in the history of your village or town?
- Are you the sort of person who is interested in approaching the past through the study of local or regional history?
- Are you investigating the history of your house or family, or a family historian who now wishes to branch out into local history?
- Are you a local history society which could benefit from our society membership?
- Do you regularly use your county record office and local reference library?
- Are you a member of a local history society or research group?
- Do you attend evening classes on local history or related subjects like archaeology?
- Are you involved in your community as a local history tutor or research group leader?
- Do you enjoy exploring historical buildings, sites, landscapes and museums?
- If you are an institution - for example of library - do you have a complete run of The Local Historian on the shelves for your readers?
If the answer to any of these questions is 'YES', then membership of BALH can certainly benefit you and any local society to which you may belong.
As a member you receive both The Local Historian and Local History News four times a year, and you have privileged access to conferences, specialist visits and to our wide range of practical handbooks. Get the latest information, as well as access to a huge network of knowledgeable people to help you find the answers you need.
The annual UK subscription rates are:
Individual - £30.00
Student - £25.00
(Student on a full or part-time course in local history.)
Local Society Or Group - £75.00
(Additional benefits to societies include group tickets to events at member's rates, and an insurance scheme)
Institutions - £38.00
(Libraries subscribing to The Local Historian via agents are treated as members.)
Overseas - £42.50
Subscriptions run for a calendar year; members joining during the year receive all publications they have missed since 1 January.
IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER AND WOULD LIKE TO RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION ONLINE PLEASE LOG IN TO THE MEMBERS' AREA AND GO TO 'ONLINE PAYMENTS' THERE